The 25' Voyager Canoe can be paddled in many conditions from ocean to extended wilderness expeditions on large lakes. The straight keel line of the 25' Voyager Canoe gives it excellent tracking ability. Its slightly rounded hull shape will make it fast, however, it is not quite as stable for novice use.
The 25' Voyager Canoe has been used extensively as a training craft for dragon boat racing and for corporate outings. As unlikely as it sounds, the 25' Voyager Canoe has even been used to pull water skiers!
The 25' Voyager Canoe has been paddled in many types of conditions. The Upper Thompson River in BC, rated at up to Grade III whitewater, has been run many times. Puget Sound is crossed regularly and Georgia Straight has been crossed between Nanaimo and Horseshoe Bay. One crossing saw breaking waves of 8 to 10 feet. The safety boats had returned to Nanaimo... but the 25' Voyager Canoe wouldn't be stopped.
25' Voyager Canoe Standard Features:
25' Voyager Canoe
- 4 1/2" x 10" Foam in Seat Provides Max Flotation
- End Chambers Filled With Styrofoam For Additional Buoyancy
- Hull Reinforced with 1/2" Marine Structural Foam
- Keel Line Reinforced with Kevlar and S-Glass
- Outer Gunnel Construction From Customized Vinyl Extrusion for Maintenance-Free Durability
- Aluminum Thwarts for Maintenance-Free Durability
- Fiberglass Seat Rail for Extra Strength
- Interior Gunnel 1 1/4" x 1 1/4" Anodized Aluminum
Bow Height: 36"
Stern Height: 36"
Center Height: 19"
Max # Of Paddlers: 10 People
Weight: 280 lbs.
Manufacturer: Pro Strike