The 22' Marine Canoe features a shallow arch hull, moderate rocker and keelless bottom. Turns and maneuvers that are impossible in the larger canoes are easily accomplished in the 22' Marine Canoe.
The 22' Marine Canoe is ideal for a small group or large family. It will accommodate up to 8 paddlers, or easily carry three to five paddlers with camping gear for a one or two week trip. The 22' Marine Canoe has been paddled in a wide range of conditions. Its shallow arch hull and flared sides provide both good initial and secondary stability. The hull has several inches of rocker and is easy to maneuver. Its shallow draft allows it to be used in relatively low water levels in rivers and lakes.
The 22' Marine Canoe's flared ends provide great buoyancy resulting in a drier more stable ride in rough conditions. The Boy Scouts of Greater Los Angeles have a fleet of more than 16 22' Marine Canoes and regularly circumnavigate Catalina Island, 28 miles off the California Coast.
22' Marine Canoe Standard Features:
22' Marine Canoe
- 4 1/2" x 10" Foam in Seat Provides Max Flotation
- End Chambers Filled With Styrofoam For Additional Buoyancy
- Hull Reinforced with 1/2" Marine Structural Foam
- Keel Line Reinforced with Kevlar and S-Glass
- Outer Gunnel Construction From Customized Vinyl Extrusion for Maintenance-Free Durability
- Aluminum Thwarts for Maintenance-Free Durability
- Fiberglass Seat Rail for Extra Strength
- Interior Gunnel 1 1/4" x 1 1/4" Anodized Aluminum
Bow Height: 39"
Stern Height: 39"
Center Height: 19"
Max# Of Paddlers: 8 People
Weight: 240 lbs.
Manufacturer: Pro Strike